The Downward Spiral of Sexual Addiction
I always wanted to know the ¨real truth¨
concerning the probability of sex addicts ability to recover. How? Likelihood? Signs of Relapse? Signs of Recovery?
- 1 out of 3 men self-report that they are addicted to pornography.
- A vast majority of sex addicts will rarely be single and often have a history of cheating within their relationships.
- The average male sexual addict has 32 sexual partners.
- The number of sexual partners, on average, for a female sexual addict: 22.
- If the 5% “curative” rate of sexual addiction is factual, then it becomes easy to see why 95% of people seek treatment end up falling out of recovery.
- When this addiction comes out, it can cause a lot of hurt, pain, and shame. Partners feel like they aren’t good enough. Addicts feel like they should do better.
The chances of a spontaneous remission of sexual addiction occurring: 1 in 100,000.
Dynamics that are commonly seen in men who show up for sex addiction treatment where paying for sex is one of the sex addicts´ compulsive behaviors.
As with sex addicts in general, men who visit prostitutes most often have other sexually addictive behaviors. These can include compulsive porn use, cybersex, strip clubs, and sometimes offending behaviors like exhibitionism and others. Going to prostitutes is thus part of a pattern of sexually addictive acting out behaviors.
© Copyright 2015 – HealthResearchFunding.org
Sex Addictions Resource for Sexual Addiction and IntimacDisorderhttp://www.sexaddictionscounseling.com/